Communities come together, because there is a shared passion and set of values that each member believes in. Read through our values below.
Our 9 Rules are broken up into 4 categories:
Respecting the Class and Coach (Rules 1-2)
Being the best version of yourself (Rules 3-5)
Taking Care of the Facility and Equipment (Rules 6-7)
Being part of our community (Rules 8-9)
1. Respect everyone's time - Try to be on time. Our time together is limited and it’s unfair to the other athletes and coach when they have to repeat information. We understand things come up, but let's make that the exception and not the rule. If you need to use the bathroom, arrive a bit early. When you arrive for a workout, be respectful of the class that is going on.
2. Pay attention - Our Coaches come early and prepare hard to make sure everyone who walks into our gym has the best hour of their day. It’s important to stay focused, pay attention and ask questions!
3. Leave your ego at home - There’s always going to be someone bigger, stronger, faster or smarter than you. Don't try and lift heavier than your technique allows. Listen to the coach and scale accordingly. Scaling and Adjusting are good things. Remember that you can’t get better if you can’t train because of an injury.
4. Come to class regularly - Get consistent with your training. Everyone needs coaching and can benefit from working on the basics. Don’t let excuses get in your way. There are always substitutions and modifications that you can make if they are needed.
5. Don’t cheat - No one will care what your score is, but everyone will care if you cheat: Be honest with yourself and everyone else. Our Community will appreciate your honesty.
6. Equipment is expensive and we want to keep our rates low - Please no dropping empty barbells, this will break them. When you take plates off the bar, don't let it slam down. Also, we know Dumbbells can feel heavy during a workout. Please don't drop them from any height. They are expensive to replace! We want to keep CrossFit Coordinate as fairly priced as possible and we can’t do that replacing equipment every month.
7. Please take ownership - From the equipment you use, to the pile of sweat you leave, please do wipe everything down when you're finished and if you notice something that needs attention, please mention it to a coach.
8. Support your classmates - After you finish, please don’t start cleaning up, instead offer encouragement to the rest of the Athletes as they finish. If you need to leave quickly post WOD, let your coach know and they’ll gladly put your equipment away.
9. Have fun and be Positive - We all remember what it was like when it was our first day in the gym. Introduce yourself and be positive. A Positive attitude is infectious. We all have bad days, but we need to make sure that the time we spend in the gym with our classmates is the best hour of your day and theirs!
What our Athletes say about us
"Some of my favorite memories are friends and coaches who have cheered me on workouts over three pregnancies"
"I've become an athlete and one of those people who look forward to working out and miss it when I am away from Crossfit Coordinate. Some of my best friends are people that I've met at our box. Plus I have muscles in my 50's!"
"My very best memory is when I finally did a full squat after having knee pain and stiffness for years. I still can't believe it sometimes."